Tuesday, April 14, 2009

CHICKENFOOT ARE HERE!

I saw Van Halen in 2004, the lineup was Eddie, Alex, Michael Anthony and Sammy Hagar. Some say Hagar has nothing on Diamond Dave, and I agreed until I saw them and he stole the show. It was great. They released their Best of Both Worlds two disc greatest hits and then disappeared once again. They re-grouped in 2007 with David Lee Roth and without Michael Anthony...what? I was devastated. And since that day I have waited for Mike and Sammy to really lash back. And they have. In a big big way. Chickenfoot. They've teamed up with a guitarist many say is more talented than EVH, Joe Satriani as well as a man who is constantly overshadowed by his bandmates John Frusciante and Flea, Chad Smith of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. They have two songs out, they aren't the greatest things to ever hit music shelves, but they show promise and they are really funky and cool.

No comments: