Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Bumpin' #1

Okay, so my updates have been scarce since returning home from school. So I want a way to beef up my backlog without wasting your time. I was at the Ring of Honor Manhattan Mayhem III show on Saturday and I wanted to write about that, but since my last entry prior to it was a wrestling related piece, I figured it's smarter to space things out. I know how frustrating it must be for non-wrestling fans to come here awaiting music and film insights just to hear about men in tights...so I present a quick new piece I will be posting from time to time "Bumpin" which will have me giving you a look into what I am listening to currently and some reasons why...

So without any further ado...

BUMPIN' 6/17/09

Mos Def- Black on Both Sides, The Ecstatic


I am so annoyed all the time by Mos Def's ego, he talks crazy in public and thinks he's the best GD person alive. And The New Danger was a waste of time, not to say it wasn't a good idea, it was just poorly eecuted (the comp I'm on has no key for the letter that follows W). But Black is a classic in my mind and is a frequent listen and while I told everyone I had no desire to hear Ecstatic, I purchased it with several coupons and discounts after hearing it wa recieving etremely (again, sorry) reviews. It's like classic Mos, so get on that if you haven't yet.

Sugar Ray- Greatest Hits

I missed the train on these guys back in the day and am just making up for it now. It's ridiculously fun and sing-a-long worthy. The vocal harmonies are also great.

Justice-Cross
Another one I feel I should've been into earlier. This album is awesome and fun and although it gets a bit repetitive, it's dance music so it's all good.

House of Pain- Fine Malt Lyrics

Everlast is the man and a while ago I picked up this album for like $5 and didn't think twice about it aside from "Jump Around" until about 6 months ago when I started really getting into it. Maybe it's because of DJ Lethal's Limp Bizkit affiliation (a brief obsession I had, no regrets), but I've been heavy into this album and it's really underrated. While Danny Boy (the one that's NOT Everlast, as you'll clearly hear when listening) can sound like an idiot, there's no denying that for a bunch of white Irish guys, the House of Pain can really kick some ass.

Rage Against the Machine- Evil Empire

Surprisingly, this album only has one huge hit on it. While it doesn't pack the same punch as their self titled album, the grooves are certainly great on this one. Wilk and Commerford (drums and bass for those unaware) really highlight Tom Morello's quirky guitar effect work which really highlights Zack's raps. A great album that often goes overlooked, as it's sandwiched in by the truly definable Rage albums.

See you later!

No comments: