Sunday, September 19, 2010

Ramblings #1

Hello all. I always have ideas for lengthy posts on this blog, but due to a combination of things (laziness and school) I never post them and they become irrelevant. However, I'd like to get a new thing going that can skim topics that are somewhat important and can be addressed further if interest is shown. So let's go!

Music:
-Listened to Hurley, the new Weezer album yesterday. Going to re-listen maybe tomorrow. A review for that may come. I am certainly motivated to write one for that album in particular.
-Also have the new Lordi album Babez for Breakfast sitting on my desk, along with DJ Muggs and Ill Bill's Kill Devil Hills. I don't know if I'll review those for this publication, but check out my Rate Your Music page for ratings for those albums as I listen to them.

Live Shows:

-Saw Biffy Clyro in the Studio @ Webster Hall in Union Square tonight. Fantastic performance. I've said it on Twitter and Facebook that the Biff is easily my favorite band right now. They are extremely talented, musically diverse and they rock really, hard. I finally picked up a concrete copy of their latest album Only Revolutions, which was my #2 album of last year. I am extremely glad to have made the purchase. Listen to Biffy if you don't, they are incredible.
-Next weekend is Hofstra's Alive at 75 festival which features Lisa Lisa, Sha Na Na, Fountains of Wayne, Trey Songz, Blue Oyster Cult and my #2 favorite rapper of all time Chuck D and Public Enemy. An exciting show.
-The Roots and John Legend are playing at Terminal 5 in a few weeks. I may make my way out to that show, as my roommate does the sound at that venue.

Wrestling:

-Matt Hardy is really digging his own grave, or is he? After being sent home from WWE's European tour, lying about it on Youtube, and sending cryptic tweets every 15 minutes, the man is on thin ice. But say he is released from WWE, what can he do that is really going to make all of this talk of "change" legitimate? A TNA run would basically set him up to be in Jeff's shadow again, an ROH run, while legitimate in the eyes of fans, would make him little money, an OMEGA reunion maybe? I don't know, and frankly I think WWE needs to be the ones to push him. If he leaves WWE for TNA that will not be a positive change. He needs to get in shape and prove to Vince and the suits that he can be the draw that Jeff was.
-Went to Ring of Honor's Glory By Honor IX last weekend and had a blast. I think myself and my good friend Corey Mack Nair had the worst seats in the house, but it was honestly the best ROH show I've been to.
-TNA is bad. I feel sad saying that because I do still support their product, as it is an alternative to WWE (on TV that I have access to until I can get HDNet). But it's really badly booked, the main event slots are interchangeable and mean nothing, and the roster is still way too big for its own good. I'm glad the wrestling is still okay, but I would love to see everything within the company equal out in quality to the wrestling.

Life:

-Life is okay. School is stressful, but it will yield many a reward. I am excited to finish, but a tad frightened of the real world. Not in a sense that I won't find a job, but in a sense that I won't have school to go back to.
-Eh.

No comments: